Your stay- admission and what to bring with you
What to bring with you.
- Please bring all your current medicines in their original packets or containers.
- Toiletries, razors, toothbrush, anything you use on a daily basis.
- Nightwear, dressing gown.
- Comfortable daywear.
- Comfortable footwear.
- Reading or listening material.
- A small amount of money to pay for any newspapers, confectionery etc.
- Please keep valuable items to a minimum where possible. Our nursing staff will be happy to explain our safe storage options and will take every care to safeguard personal belongings.
- All belongings must be taken with you when you leave.
Most of our patients arrive in the morning and you will be greeted by a member of our Nursing Team, usually the Nurse who will help you to settle into your room and ensure you are comfortable before continuing to look after you for the rest of the day.
Your medical condition and individual needs will be assessed by your Nurse and a Doctor. They will ask questions about your illness and perhaps how you have been managing at home. They will plan your care with you and answer any questions you may have. Each day you are here, including weekends, you will be seen by a Doctor. A Nurse will be allocated to you daily and will oversee your nursing care for the day. Click to read more about your nursing and medical care.
There are many things to consider to ensure your safety and wellbeing after leaving the In-Patient Ward. When the time comes for you to leave, we will discuss your discharge plan in detail with you and your family. Click here for medical & nursing care and discharge planning.
Visitors and visiting arrangements
We know how important it is for you to be able to see your friends and family so we have open visiting. With your permission, visitors can come at any time. You may have your pet visit, we just ask that anything unusual is discussed with us beforehand. Dogs must be kept on a lead.