COVID-19 (Coronavirus)- update
Hospice in the Weald is remaining up to date on the current outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and continues to follow advice from Public Heath England and the NHS. In some instances, we are taking additional precautions to safeguard our patients, families, carers and our workforce.
We update this information regularly and our latest announcements are:
- We are following the latest government guidance, and so only essential staff are in the building to provide patient care and core support services. All other members of our workforce are working from home and our reception is closed.
- We are asking patients on our In-Patient Ward to limit the number of visitors they have to one person, and to use telephone or video calls instead wherever they can.
- We are looking for registered nurses and doctors to strengthen our staff team at the moment. If you or someone you know is, or has been, a registered nurse or clinician please contact Jemma Clements on 01892 820 546 or email email@example.com
Previous announcements included the following information, which remains relevant:
- We have temporarily suspended our Hospice Day Service and Cottage Hospice services. This is to ensure that we can follow thorough infection control measures, and focus staffing and resources on our In-Patient Ward in Pembury.
- Our Hospice in the Home team continues to support patients via telephone or visits. Our Counselling & Support Service is providing support for patients and families via telephone and video calls.
- We have a robust plan in place to help and support patients or family members exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and are providing our workforce with protective equipment as required.
- Our charity shops are currently closed temporarily in line with government guidance. We look forward to reopening as soon as we can.