Planning your funeral
Although it may be difficult to think about right now, it's a good idea to let our loved ones know our funeral wishes.
- Have you thought about whether you would prefer to be buried or cremated?
- Perhaps you would like a green funeral rather than a more traditional one.
- Think about what kind of service you would like, and whether you want it to be more of a celebration of your life than a conventional ceremony.
- What hymns, readings or music would you like to have, and who would you like to be there?
- Write these things down and give it to someone you trust, or put it in your will.
Dying Matters has a free and simple form, My Funeral Wishes, to set down what you want for your funeral.