Tips for coping with nausea
- Try to avoid eating or preparing food when you feel sick. If possible, let someone else do the cooking.
- Try to avoid fried foods and foods with a strong smell.
- Smaller meals on a small plate are easier to manage.
- Eat cold or warm food if the smell of hot food makes you feel sick.
- Eat several small snacks and meals each day, and chew the food well.
- Peppermints or peppermint tea help some people.
- Ginger can also be helpful – try ginger biscuits or ginger beer.
- Sip drinks slowly.
- Try not to have too much to drink just before you eat.